Director of Nursing (RN) at Hillandale, Hamilton, Ohio
Location: Hamilton, Ohio
We are seeking a Director of Nursing to join our nursing team at our health care facility located in Fairfield Township, Ohio. Reporting to the facility Administrator, this role plans, organizes, develops and directs the overall operation of the Nursing Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations. Duties include providing leadership to nursing staff, directing programs and services in alignment with organizational goals, participating in fiscal operations, establishing quality goals and developing a comprehensive plan of care.
Additional key responsibilities include:
- Directing the daily nursing operation to ensure the delivery of excellent care, customer service, compliance, and operational efficiency.
- Gathering and analyzing trends; implementing solutions for various clinical topics, such as hospital re-admissions or other quality assurance initiatives.
- Completing daily documentation and clinical chart reviews.
- Instructing staff, residents, families, vendors, colleagues and community members on pertinent subjects as needed.
- Determining appropriate staffing levels according to resident’s needs and caregiver skill level; overseeing work schedules and assignments for staff.
- Performing personnel management, such as employee evaluations, scheduling/staffing, and time card approvals.
- Participating in selection and training of employees to meet required job competencies and best fit organizational goals.
- Leading by example with integrity by adhering to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs.
- Strategically planning for the appropriate use of resources including personnel, equipment, supplies and finances.
- Other duties as assigned.
We seek the following qualifications:
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Ohio
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a nursing home setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proficiency in English
- Knowledge of case management practices, medical charting requirements, PPS and the MDS process, preferred
- Familiar with federal and state laws governing long-term care (i.e. CMS, ODH, HIPAA and the Ohio Bureau of Labor), preferred
- Excellent organization, time management and problem solving skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong physical assessment skills
- Paid Time Off Accrual – from date of hire
- Paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Discount Plan
- Life Insurance – paid for by company
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Company Match
- Employee purchasing program
Candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment fingerprint background check, physical examination, drug screen and TB testing.
Interested in joining our team?
Interested in joining our team?
We are dedicated and we care because our Residents are like family, and our Residents appreciate us for this! This is a great example of how our Residents feel about the staff:
Seldom do you find the warmth and affection found in the Hillandale Family. This is now my home, and it’s made all the difference in my life. ~Marge, a Resident
Culture and History:
Established in 1962 by the Dixon family, Hillandale has grown to feature three beautiful and modern facilities conveniently located in Butler County, Ohio. These are the Birchwood Care Center, Chesterwood Village, and Doverwood Village. We are recipients of numerous awards including Best of 2016 in healthcare and retirement communities and we maintain a consistent 5-star rating in state surveys and customer satisfaction. Three generations of the Dixon family work every day with a professional and caring staff to maintain the highest standards in the healthcare and retirement industry. We combine a deep sense of history and of past achievements but embrace innovation and creativity. Treating people right is at the heart of our communities and believe that every employee makes a difference to every guest. Our goals begin with the understanding that kindness counts.
Hillandale Communities is an EOE/M/F/D/V and Drug-Free and Smoke-Free Workplace.